Are you plagued with an unsightly and embarrassing skin condition? Eternity Medical Spa offers various types of skin care treatments and products that can help individuals minimize or eliminate their problematic skin conditions. We have helped Creve Coeur residents, Saint Louis residents, and residents of the outlying St. Louis metro areas. From cosmetic injectables to laser treatments to facials, our medical spa has skin care treatments and products that are bound to help everyone.ct.
Medical Spa Serving St. Louis
Types of Skin Conditions
Our highly-trained staff can assist with the following skin conditions:
- Acne: Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles are clogged with oil and dead skin cells. It frequently appears on the face, back, neck, chest, and shoulder area. It can be annoyingly persistent and present for many years if not cared for properly.
- Acne Scars: Acne scars are caused by an inflammation within the dermis. Scars are created after too much collagen gathers in one spot in an attempt to repair the wound. There are multiple types of acne scars, including ice pick scars, box car scars, rolling scars, and hypertrophic scars.
- Broken Capillaries: Broken capillaries are often found on a person's cheeks or nose area and look like small red/pink threads under the skin. They occur when a capillary's walls narrow and widen too quickly, which results in the muscles in the walls to tear.
- Cellulite: Cellulite is a skin condition that causes certain areas of a person's body to look as if it has underlying fat deposits, which causes the skin to look dimpled and/or lumpy. It is usually present in a person's buttocks or thighs and often occurs after puberty.
- Cherry Angiomas: These skin growths can appear on almost any area of a person's body and consist of blood vessels. They are usually found on people who are 30 years or older. The broken blood vessels inside a cherry angioma are what give the growth a reddish appearance.
- Facial Veins: Facial veins, like other types of veins throughout a person's body, can twist, dilate, and break, causing red spots on an individual's face.
- Frown Lines & Wrinkles: Wrinkles and frown lines are a byproduct of the aging process. When a person ages, skin cells separate more slowly, and the dermis begins to thin. Older skin also loses its ability to lock in moisture, produces less oil, and heals slower than younger skin.
- Hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of a person's skin or nails due to an increased level of melanin. It is often caused by sun damage, inflammation, or other skin conditions.
- Leg Veins: Leg veins can often twist or become enlarged, causing varicose or spider veins. Nearly 50-55% of women suffer from some type of vein issue, while 40-45% of men experience vein problems.
- Melasma: Many people suffer from melisma, which is a skin condition that appears as a patchy brow, tan, or blue-gray discoloration on the skin. Many women experience melasma throughout their reproductive years; it is typically found on the upper cheek, upper lip, forehead, and chin area.
- Rosacea: Rosacea is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that usually affects a person's face. It can worsen over time if left untreated and is often mistaken for acne or eczema.
- Skin Laxity: Over time, elastic and collagen fibers in the skin start to loosen, which causes wrinkles. Skin usually starts sagging near a person's eyes, lower cheeks, and neck. There are various types of treatments one can undergo to repair loose skin.
- Sun Damage: When a person is exposed to excessive amount of sun, they are prone to premature facial wrinkles and skin cancer. It is imperative that a person wears the proper protection, such as hats and sunscreen, while partaking in outside activities.
- Thinning Lips: As a person gets older, their body produces less collagen. Collagen is what gives lips their plumpness. Too much exposure to the sun can also cause a person's lips to prematurely thin. Wearing lipstick or lip balm with sunscreen can help protect your lips from the sun.
- Body Contouring: Body contouring is a procedure performed after major weight loss. It can help improve the shape and tone of a person's underlying tissue and remove excess sagging fat and skin.
- Unwanted Hair: Many women and men have unwanted or unsightly body hair that they want to permanently remove. Whether you have thick and/or dark body hair, our skin care experts can help you permanently reduce your unwanted body hair.
If you have type of embarrassing skin condition, contact Eternity Medical Spa at (314) 690-4468 and let us help you reduce or eliminate your skin problems!