Cosmetic injectables are a safe, popular, and effective way to rejuvenate the look of your face without the need for cosmetic surgery. Botox is used to eliminate wrinkles and lines in the upper face; it can be combined with other medical spa treatments such as dermal fillers, laser skin resurfacing, and chemical peel treatments for an even greater effect. Eternity Medical Spa is pleased to offer a variety of cosmetic injectables near St. Louis to help you fight signs of aging and enjoy a youthful, refreshed appearance*.
Top Three Benefits of Botox in St. Louis, MO
Botox is one of the most popular non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedures in the U.S. Choosing Botox treatments at your med spa offers a variety of benefits:
- Botox is a non-surgical solution to address lines and wrinkles; thus, it is safer and faster than undergoing plastic surgery. You won’t need to worry about anesthesia, stitches, or significant downtime following your procedure.
- Studies have shown that the use of Botox can actually help to prevent future wrinkles in addition to eliminating existing ones. Because Botox minimizes the movement of your facial muscles, it prevents new wrinkles and skin creases from forming while you use it.
- Botox can transform the way others see you by providing your face with a more pleasant and refreshed look. This treatment is best at addressing lines and furrows on the brow and between the eyes, which can make you look tired, grumpy, and older regardless of age or mood. Botox is a wonderful way to show the world your bright and youthful personality right on your face!
Fast Facts About Botox
Botox has been in use since 1977, but only recently became one of the leading cosmetic injectables in the United States. If you’d like to learn more about Botox, dermal fillers, and your other facial rejuvenation options near St. Louis, contact Eternity Medical Spa by calling (314) 690-4468.
- Botox was approved by the FDA in 1989 to correct strabismus, a condition that affects the muscles of the eyes. It was not used for cosmetic purposes until 1996 and was approved by the FDA as a cosmetic injectable in 2002.
- Today, Botox is used for a variety of medical and cosmetic purposes, including the elimination of wrinkles, reduction of excessive sweating, treatment for an overactive bladder, and management of migraines.
- Each year, men and women receive more than three million Botox injections.
- Botox treatments take up to 10 days to achieve full results and last an average of three to six months, after which the effects begin to face and retreatment is required. However, you can continue to use Botox at any age until you decide to stop.
*Individual results may vary